Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 2

Ahh, welcome to day 2. Let's see...

day 02 → your favorite movie

I have several million favorite movies. I love movies, they're probably one of my favorite things ever. There's nothing like having the shittiest day ever, popping in a movie and just forgetting about everything. And sometimes you find out that your life really doesn't suck quite so much.
So, let's go with my top favorites, along with maybe a little insight.

The Shining: I have loved this immensely since the day I saw it when I was like, 11. It's a classic. The book is phenom, too.

The Royal Tenenbaums: This is a new favorite of mine. It's got a perfect combo of dry, sarcastic humor, heart, and screwed up family. It's excellent.

The Squid and The Whale/Margot at the wedding: These 2 go together for some reason because they're by the same director, Noah Baumbach, see previous posting on here.

Shutter Island: again, a recent fave but it was SO GOOD. Go to the movies and see it now. One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.

Coraline: For some reason I'm obsessed with this movie. It's a dark animated movie, and those are awesome. Not that I don't love me some silly animated movies, my gosh, but dark ones are good too.

Also, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Changeling, and Ordinary People. Mmmmm movies <3


No comments: