Saturday, June 5, 2010





The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” --Marcel Pagnol

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.” --Javan

Yesterday was, without a doubt, one of the worst days I've had in a while. I'm not going to harp on it and do everybody the injustice of having to read through it, but just know that it really sucked. It also has to be said that I have some of the best coworkers around, and I also work FOR the best people out there. -nod-

Our power was out from last night around 9pm until about 2am. Then it was off from about 5am until a half hour ago. This has been a weird day, I feel like I'm in a weird time vacuum for some reason.

I'm going through this thing where I want to learn how to make me happy instead of letting the words and actions of others dictate my happiness. This is going to be very difficult, as my entire life has been spent A. living my life mostly to make others happy; B. putting all my self worth into whether or not people actually "like" me; and C. worrying about having no friends. So, we'll see how this goes. The old adage "if you can't enjoy your own company, then you must not be very good company at all," or something has been ringing in my ears lately.

I took some, in my humble opinion, excellent shots at Cassidy and Nicholas's baseball game on Thursday. I finally got to use my zoom lens for something useful, and I think they turned out really nice.

Other than my best friend potentially hating me and my entire family and the incident yesterday, I'm doing moderately okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got a comment that is anything but interesting.. check out this website http://furniture-oasis.com/