Friday, August 28, 2009

The Amityville Horror

So, a couple of weeks ago I rented two movies. One was a very awful movie called "666 The Child". It was basically the same storyline as The Omen, except it was a lot more vulgar, with way worse acting, and a 9 year old asian boy instead of a 5 year old white kid. It sucked.

I also rented The Amityville Horror (2005), which is [quite obviously] a remake of the 1979 original of the same name. I'm sure most everyone in the US and probably Canada are familiar with the storyline, but I'll refresh your memory. It's about the Lutz family, who move into 112 Ocean Way in Amityville, NY. They get the house for a great deal, but only because it was the site of a mass murder a year before. The man who lived in the house killed his entire family, insisting that the house told him to do it, and that the house had possessed him in some way. The Lutzs' move in, but fled the house after 28 days. It's based on a true story.

Now, I tried to watch this movie a couple years ago and hated it. I don't know what tempted me to rent it again but I did, and for the most part I did enjoy it. It was very creepy and chilling, and I have always had a special place in my heart for modern remakes of classic horror movies. I'm also really interested in true crimes, especially true crimes stories like this one.

Let me just say that I don't believe that the house is possessed, but I do believe in demonic possession. It just interests me to learn about stuff that people say happened in this house. I was on Wikipedia, reading about The Amityville Horror, and it was pretty interesting. I found some of the things the Lutzes claimed happened in the house. George Lutz said that he would wake up at 3:15am every morning and go check on the boathouse, and he later found out that was the time of the DeFeo murders. Kathy Lutz said that her children started sleeping on their stomaches in the exact way that the DeFeo children were found when dead. George said that he saw Kathy transform into ninety year old woman, and they heard voices when trying to do their own blessing of the house telling them to stop and to get out. So, 28 days after they moved in, they decided there was something deeply wrong with their house and fled, leaving their possessions behind.

I really want to read the book written by Jay Ansen, and I'd also like to read the book called "The Night the DeFeo's Died" by Ric Osuna, and "The Amityville Horror Conspiracy" by Stephan Kaplan. As of right now I don't know what to think about what happened in this house. I don't really believe that all the things the Lutzes said happened did, and some if not all of them can be explained but it's obvious that they felt something "wrong" or "bad". You don't just pick up and leave all your possessions behind just because you don't like the molding in the living room window sill or the island in the kitchen. Something has to be really like...wrong.

So, basically? I want to learn more. lol. I'm kind of a weirdo.

1 comment:

granny dog sex stories said...

Ripped up garments in the trash can. Do you honestly think a power like that is best used stoppingsuburban convenience store robberies and purse snatchings.
animal sex stories forum
mature gay men stories
sexy shemale stories
erotic lesbian sister sex stories
free families in real incest stories
Ripped up garments in the trash can. Do you honestly think a power like that is best used stoppingsuburban convenience store robberies and purse snatchings.