Saturday, September 5, 2009

New TV and changing my room

Today was a semi-good day. Mom and I went to the AT&T store this afternoon to talk about getting U-Verse TV, Internet and home phone in the house. With the combo deal, it's cheaper than what we're currently paying, plus we will have a lot more features, including DVR. I am so unbelievably excited for the DVR and the rewind and fast forward features. :] I swear, I won't stop watching TV for a year.

And I got my new TV today... :] It's a 19" Magnavox with a built in DVD player. That's a great feature, I'm so excited about that. My room is going to be so nice once I clean my room, and get my furniture switched back around to a way that makes SENSE. My mom is going to move the PC somewhere else, probably the dining room table, so we can get my desk out of my room which is falling apart and no use to anyone. So, my room will be clean, my furniture switched around, my new TV/cable hooked up, and the desk out of there which will give me a lot more room. My mom and I want to paint my room a different color and maybe get new bedding and stuff. Right now I'm really unhappy with my room, I feel like it's still a little kids' room and I want to do some renovations, moving around and painting and stuff and turn it into more of an 'adult' room. I loved light purple when I was 7 but I'll be 19 in a little more than a month and I want a change.

My grandma's condo complex is having a garage sale the 18 or 19 of September and I think I'm going to sell some of my old toys and stuff that I no longer use. It's hard for me to get rid of anything, and I mean anything, but I'm going to have to try. I need to turn my room into some kind of place where I can buckle down and concentrate to study for school, and also a place where I can relax and unwind after working and going to school all day. I'm thinking a light green or blue color for my walls, although I really want to try something different, like a different color on each wall XD I don't know if my mom would go for that, though. My grandma tried to tell me to make it white but the only way I would do that would be if I was allowed to get different colors of paint and draw designs, doodles, and write words or quotes all over the walls [which would be freaking awesome.] but that won't ever happen. I'm not the kind of person who needs a white room, I need something colorful to bring out the color in me ;] I'm excited for the renovations I wanna make on my room.

1 comment:

Mae said...

uhm. white is boring!!

and if u paint ur walls blue yellow red and green i'm going to punch u in the face!!


.....some colors/color combos make me crazy hahaha

it would look like a crayola theme park...srrsly.

i like the green or blue. green and blue are the most soothing colors :D