Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today was a pretty good day. I had my computer class from 9:30-10:50. I didn't stay the whole time because I don't want to get too ahead because I know I'll end up finishing the class early and by week 8 I'll have to just come in and sit there for almost two hours doing nothing. On the first day of class, he told us that most of us would be able to finish the class in two or three weeks and that after that we just didn't have to show up anymore. It would be great if it weren't for the fact that as a financial aid student, I'm required to have damn near perfect attendance, so I'm just going to work on the class material as it's supposed to be presented. I'll finish the work that was scheduled for that day, and then go on my merry way. Which means I'll drive to Scraft, troll for a parking spot for ten minutes and STILL end up in row T, walk two miles to the building, sit down, complete the assessment for ten or fifteen minutes, then go back home. Oh, it sounds so lovely. But anyways.

After class, I went to get coffee with Heidi and to the thrift store. My, the pickings were lush today at the thrift store! I got four new books, two of which I'd been wanting to get at the book store but refused to spend 17 dollars a piece on them, and got them for .49 cents. I also got 2 VHS tapes, and a mask of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Yeah, it was probably a stupid purchase, but a trip to DAV isn't complete unless I buy at least one totally non logical item I'll never use. :)

And after THAT, Katie and I went to Barnes and Noble to get our books for our History class. We had to pick a non fiction book from 1492-1824 or something like that. Sounds easy enough, but trust me, it isn't. Not if you're looking for something that is mildly interesting and you won't want to burn. Katie ended up with a book about the war of 1812 and I got a book about the salem witch trials, which I'm kind of interested in. I at least don't loathe the subject entirely.

I found out the other day that Alyson is in my history class, which is really cool! =] Now our fantabulous quiz group will include Katie, Me, Alyson, and that old guy Katie likes so much...haha. Off to bed, now.

No comments: