Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Party, School Stuff, Frustrating Doctors

It's been a while since I've posted last. This week was pretty busy, at least it seemed pretty long. The leaves are really starting to fall, which means I have to start raking them soon...and that Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it. I should start taking extra shifts here and there to be able to have extra money for Christmas...but I also need to start concentrating a bit more on school. Gah, decisions.

Today was Brenda's big Halloween party...Mae and I went and dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. Our costumes were amaaaazing! I think we were the most original ones there, for sure. We had our blue wigs on that we had to bobbypin, but they stayed on really well. We had red shirts with paper on them that said Thing 1 or Thing 2. And we painted our faces white. I didn't know how they would turn out but they came together really well and we were super cute! We had a pretty good time. :] Pictures to come later. Then we also watched Cat in the Hat when we came home, lol.

Yesterday I had an appointment with a counselor at Schoolcraft so she could help me pick out my classes for next semester. She also gave me a timeline of classes I'll need to take that will prepare me to transfer to Eastern. I didn't realize it before but I could be at Eastern by fall 2010 or more likely winter 2010. That is insane! I have to get my Associate's at Scraft, then I plan on getting a Bachelor's in Psych at Eastern, and then my Master's in Speech Pathology. It sounds like a TON of work and it will be, but honestly I am so excited and happy that I've made my decision that it doesn't even matter to me that it will be so much school and work. I want this, really bad, and it feels good to want something like this. :]

Yesterday I also was supposed to have my checkup with my neurologist, Dr. Manica. I go see him every six months and there has never been a problem, but the only time I go by myself, everything falls apart! The receptionist (who was the world's biggest bitch by the way) called me to the desk and said "You need to call your doctor and have them fax over a new referral with an x and 5 digits on it because we don't take this referral anymore. The insurance company won't accept it and pay the bill so you need to go take care of that." I was so confused. Then the receptionist yelled at me because she had to call the doctor's office because the referral agent had no clue what she was talking about. And then she yelled at me and said I should've taken care of this before I even came into the office even though NO ONE, at the MINDS clinic OR the insurance company notified me of any changes. It pisses me off. I could've done something about this if I had been given proper notice. But no. I'm just supposed to KNOW of changes, according to the receptionist.GUH, she was such a bitch.

So long story short the referral didn't go through and I drove all the way there for nothing. And the receptionist made me cry. Like, sobbing tears. And I never got to see my doctor. I told the lady that they had better find a way to squeeze me in when I try to make another appointment because this WAS NOT MY FAULT, it was their's and the insurance company's. It'll be a cold day in hell when I can't refill my prescription because of a piece of paper that I shouldn't even need anyways, I've been going to him for 15 years. I know it's protocol and stuff and the visit won't be covered unless I have one, but it's just annoying.

ANYWAYS. =] Bedtime.

No comments: