Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rude People and Positive Attitudes

Okay, what is up with people being really rude and really mean lately? Especially when they have no business doing so and I totally haven't provoked them.

Friday that receptionist at my neurologist's office was downright evil...even though on Monday the referral agent from my PCP called and said that she took care of my referral and faxed them the correct one, which was REALLY nice of her. I wasn't in the mood to call them and complain and whine and dance around in circles until they felt like giving me the correct referral. But anyways. The receptionist at the actual doctor's office was very rude when I was nothing but 100% cordial and polite to her.

Then Sunday, a customer got into it with me on the phone at the work, she was screaming and swearing at me and acting like a general psychopath until we got off the phone, then she called back and whined and sobbed to Brant that I was the one being inappropriate and screaming at her. Fail. Again, I was never anything but cordial and polite to HER.

And yesterday I went to the dentist and he was really rude, too! I'm beginning to think I give off some air of being a huge wimp that people can take advantage of. He kept yelling at me to open my mouth wider, and he was jamming sharp objects directly into my gums and the center of my teeth and it hurt so bad. Then he yelled at me for sucking on the spit sucker thing before he wanted me to--which, isn't the spit sucker more for ME than for him? Whatevs.

He gave me a referral to an oral surgeon at U of M Hospital to have my wisdom teeth extracted. Only problem is that my insurance does not, and probably will not cover the cost, even if they're impacted or infected. The lady on the phone says there has to be severe damage to or threat of damage to my teeth before it's covered. So, unless I miraculously come into 1,200 dollars sometime soon, these puppies are staying in. Ouch. I have to go back to the dentist Tuesday at noon to have some fillings put in. He didn't tell me how many, however, because he hated me and didn't wish to communicate. Go figure.

Anyways. Done ranting and raving now. I'm trying out a new positive attitude lately, and hoping it works. It made today a bit easier, at least. =]

2 comments:

Mae said...

i TOLD u a positive attitude makes a difference! :D

that's BS that it won't cover it even if they're infected, that's like a huge problem lol

let's go buy lottery tickets. lol

Amber said...

I know, the lady on the phone was like, it's really hard to get it covered even IF they're infected, you have to prove that there's either damage to the rest of your teeth or there will be damage before they will, I'm like, seriously? not even partially covered? I would make payments but I can't pay all 1200 dollars