Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Magician

Today, Mom, Grandpa and I went to Red Robin for dinner because I had a free birthday burger coupon. After we were done eating we were just sitting there, talking, and all of a sudden this guy was behind us. He sat down and told us his name was Ted and he was a magician that worked with Red Robin.

He was so funny, and it was really entertaining. He put two balls in my moms hand and then told her to make a fist. Then he counted to three and then had her open her hand...and there were three balls in there. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous lol but I am really amused by that kind of stuff. Then he did some kind of a card trick with Grandpa and then he had us look at these cards with names on them and then he guessed which name we were thinking of. It was pretty cool, haha.

Then he asked me if I knew the definition of a "Wannabe". And I was like uhh, someone who wants to be something that they aren't. And he said, "Yes, someone who wants to be something else besides what they are at that moment. Doesn't sound like it's always a bad thing, does it?" And I was like, "No, I guess not." Then he wrote down on the back of one of his business cards "I can be anything I wannabe if I wannabe" and made me repeat it several times. He said to look at it whenever I felt like everything was falling apart and that I couldn't keep going, whether it was with school or work or life in general and to remember that I can be what I "wannabe" if I want to and to keep pushing through because hard work is how it happens.

Kind of cheesy but I personally think there's at least some truth behind it. I can be anything I want to be, within reason of course, we're talking career wise, or happiness wise, as long as I work at it and don't just give up. Because nothing happens if you give up. Just something to think about, I guess.

No comments: