Friday, November 13, 2009

Books and Music

I'm really glad that my required book reading for the semester[meaning actual books, not textbooks] is done. I can now get back to reading my own books for pleasure, which makes me really happy. But now I'm conflicted as where to start after I'm done with my current book...that's sad. How many people have actual issues deciding what book they want to read? lol. I have a shoebox in my room that is packed and stacked high with unread books. And it doesn't help that I have a 25$ Barnes and Noble gift card, courtesy of Steve and Michele, that is burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm reading Ordinary People by Judith Guest right now. It's the book that the movie directed by Robert Redford was based off of. It's really good, usually I have a hard time suffering through older books (I know, bias) but it's written very well and it's easy to follow. I was gonna buy it at Barnes and Noble for like 15 bucks because I wanted to read it so bad, but then I found it at the salvation army for 99 cents. Score.

After that I'm considering re-reading The Lovely Bones but I have so many other books I haven't read yet that I'm so conflicted! Ugh. Decisions...lol. I need to stop buying new books for dirt cheap at the thrift store.

I made a playlist on Youtube of the Coraline soundtrack. It has beautiful music, it's really amazing. Usually I'm not one for just music-no words or anything-but the instrumental stuff is really intriguing me right now. It's mellowing to listen to. =]

No comments: