Saturday, August 15, 2009

Used books and surveys

Maegan showed me this website that she gets her books from, called Half.com. You can get gently used books for a fraction of the price, and while I love buying brand new books haha, I'd also rather save, like, 80% of cover price. There's this book I want to read called "The Deep End of the Ocean" by Jacquelyn Mitchard and for the hardcover gently used version it's .75 cents (plus shipping and handling, of course.) I'd say that's more than reasonable. Michele said she would order it for me, which makes me uber happy. :]

Michele also referred me to this new survey site called zoompanel.com. You take surveys, get points, and then with the points you can get prizes and stuff mailed to you, and you don't have to pay anything, not even shipping. I thought they would have lame prizes that you'd have to work forever to get to but surprisingly they have some really great ones. In the 2000 point range is a book I've been wanting to read for a while but haven't wanted to spend 18 dollars on. So, that's cool.

No comments: