Sunday, September 20, 2009

dA rambles

There's this website out there called deviantart.com. It's a great place to showcase your work, whether it be photography, drawing, anime, writing, anything of that nature. It's free and a pretty user-friendly site, I'd say (completely unlike this one lol). However, in the past few days, it's done what every other site in the world has done and made unnecessary layout changes.

I hate when sites try to "cute" things up and make them more what they consider to be modern. It was perfectly fine the way it was, so what's the point in changing things? There's always a huge roar when facebook changes its layout, which they do too often. The page layout will be fine, and everyone will have finally gotten used to it and stopped complaining that they miss the old one, and then they'll change it so it's infinitely harder to use and figure out what's going on than the old one. Me, I miss the first two Facebook layouts. When you went on someone's page, they're status updates used to be either bolded, or larger than the rest of what was going on on their wall. Now, you look and it's like, oh, they're talking to themselves...no wait, it's just their status update. Maybe I take this like too seriously, but if I'm gonna spend my time on their website, I don't want to be constantly annoyed with the aesthetics.

Okay, so you post your picture/drawing/poem to the site and then when you click on it, it used to take you to this page where it showed the information about the picture and the camera you took it with, provided you submitted a picture, and then the artist's comments about it...and they changed it so that you still see all of it, but it's in like, a speech bubble and it looks like you commented on your own work. It bugs me. I hate when people change sites, I can understand needing to do updates, but it's annoying.

No comments: