Sunday, November 8, 2009

Heidi's Pictures, Weekend, And More...


I took round 2 of Heidi's senior pictures on Friday. They weren't as good as the first set because my shooting conditions weren't perfect like they were the first time, but we still got some pretty great shots and she and her family are really happy with them. Which has been my aim from the beginning, I'm all about people pleasing and she's a pretty good friend of mine. We took them at her golf course, not Hines, but there was a little [creepy] patch of woods right next to it so we took some in there, too. It gets dark so early now that we only had about an hour and twenty minutes of not so great lighting to work with, but we made it work. After that we hung out and had pizza for dinner and went to the salvation army, where I found a book that I was going to spend 15 dollars on for 99 cents. Epic win.

Saturday I watched a movie with my buffel and got to experience her amazingness and hilarity. Today I had to work a very infuriating shift[Sundays are cursed, didn't you know?] and I came home and just finished up a paper/book review. It's almost 6 and a half pages long and it's not too bad. The astounding part? I never read the book. I read maybe 45 pages, but it was almost 300 pages. So this book review is amazing.

Saturday I spent some time with Mom at Steve and Michele's which was nice because I hadn't been over there in a couple of weeks. School and dentist and doctor appointments have been standing in my way of having fun. lol. We spent some time going down memory lane and discussing my dad and Tracy and all of that stuff. I had forgotten how unbelievable those...8 years were. I have so many memories of those days that I don't bother thinking about because it hurts too bad. It all still boils down to the simple fact of that, it didn't matter that I was miserable or that he married a woman who hated me and who I wasn't too fond of either. He basically chose her over his own daughter. I was the only kid he had at the time, and it's weird because my mom has always put me first for that kind of stuff. Is that selfish, to be mad because he didn't? But as a result, I had a lot of miserable times growing up. Everything happens for a reason, though, and I just thank my lucky stars that I'm 19 and I don't see her every other weekend and I don't deal with his crap anymore. But I have been like...missing him, for some strange reason, lately. Hmm.

No comments: